We are currently seeking someone to work alongside our Head Chef, Jim Hamilton, in our small but busy kitchen. If you think you may fit the role, please get in touch.
Hours: 30 hours approx.
Days: 4 days per week, including weekends & evenings
Salary: Negotiable dependent upon experience, + tips, staff perks & annual leave
Own transport is required due to the remote location of the pub
About The Angel Inn
A traditional, family-run country inn based in the picturesque village of Grosmont. A growing good food reputation, offering British-modern dining in a relaxed atmosphere. Popular with locals and visitors alike, our ethos is to keep the heart and soul of the village pub, with a menu making the best of local, freshly sourced ingredients.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a highly dedicated and passionate individual to work alongside Head Chef Jim Hamilton in this business of growing good reputation.
Working within our small, tight-knit team reliability is a must. You will be punctual, keen and not afraid to get stuck into any aspect of the role.
- Food preparation & service
- Maintaining a clean and safe working area
- Working to the instruction of the Head Chef
- Collaborating with front of house team to ensure smooth service
- General kitchen duties
- Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate
- Experience of working in a fast-paced catering environment
- Proven ability to work well under pressure
- Proven ability to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Flexible approach to hours of work
- Level 3 certificate or above in catering, or other relevant area
- Experience working in a similar role
- Team player
- Positive, professional outlook
- Passionate about the industry
- Dedication to self-improvement
How to Apply
Send your CV with a covering letter detailing how you meet the person specification to email@example.com, or post/drop in in person to The Angel Inn, Grosmont, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire NP7 8EP. For further information please call Jim Hamilton on 01981 240646.